I have enabled zotero on my laptop as a bibliogrpahic aide during my research project. “Zotero is the only research tool that automatically senses content in your web browser, allowing you to add it to your personal library with a single click.” –Zotero I chose Zotero because I have been using it for over a year and am familiar with it.
- For information about the culture in which my chosen scientist performed most of her work I have selected OPB and U.S. News as precursors to more detailed research (springboards, if you will).
- For information about tools, devices, appliances, and machines were commonly used by women in that culture and era I have selected these articles/sources as starting points:
- For information about statistics related to gender and Education and Business/industry in the culture and era, as well as information on whether or not those numbers have changed and what their influence(s) has been, I have selected these articles/sources as starting points:
- Sex Education: Defining Gender Roles During the Sexual Revolution and Today
- College Enrollment rates of high school graduates by sex, 1960 to 1998
- The Changing Landscape of Higher Education: 1965-2005
- Women and Class: What Has Happened in Forty Years?
- Women in the Workforce
- Professional Women: Vital Statistics
- A century of change: U.S. labor force: 1950 to 2050
- For information about biographical details such as childhood influences and education, as well as work experiences, I have selected these articles/sources as starting points:
- For information about the type of tools and methods this woman employed in her research and inventions, as well as details and term definitions to help a lay audience understand the complexities of the technology, I have selected these articles/sources as starting points for my research:
- Write a paragraph about which sources you prefered from step 4.2’s list.
I prefer the OSU library and Google scholar for source search engines. I am familiar with both of these tools and they make me comfortable and confident in my selections. I’m supposed to write a paragraph about why I chose these two but I don’t know what else to say: they work.
Contact with librarians
I did not contact any librarians during this week’s required work (I did not see the necessity as I have access to a lot of information already), though I have reached out to several persons who knew/worked with my subject in an attempt to get an interview with them about her work, her life, and her person. I had not received a reply by the time I was required to post this blog.